May 25 2011

Busch Busted, But Not by NASCAR

Kyle Busch was pulled over for doing 128 miles per hour in a 45 mile per hour area in North Carolina in a yellow Lexus sports car. He was cited for careless and reckless driving and speeding. Who wants to bet he was going faster than that right before they got him, 128 in a sports car? Come on…

Busch was cited for careless and reckless driving; deputies observed and clocked him running at 128 mph in a 45-mph zone on Tuesday afternoon.

Busch was driving on Perth Road between Troutman and Mooresville, N.C. The road, which runs parallel to Interstate 77, is rural, closely lined with trees and has few residences in the area. Source: From the Marbles

Kyle released this statement the same day:

“Today I received a traffic citation in Iredell County. I was test driving a new sports car and I got carried away. I went beyond the speed I should have been going on a public road. I apologize to the public, my fans, sponsors, and race teams for my lack of judgment. I take responsibility for my actions and I can assure you that something like this will never happen again. I thank the Iredell County Sheriff’s Department and all law enforcement for the hard work they do every day to protect the public and to enforce the laws in a fair and equitable manner.”

6 Comments

• By NASCAR Blog, May 28, 2011 @ 8:15 pm

He broke the speed limit in a sports car?? SHAME BE UPON HIM…lol… Why should he have to appologize?

• By admin, June 6, 2011 @ 8:35 pm

I never said he should, but, his sponsors send them lots fo money, I am sure they wanted one at least

• By Ri, July 1, 2011 @ 8:58 am

Sponsors should never always give the drivers their direct support. Because what about the funds given to changing the rules? Surely we’re better than just tolerating abusive racing rules.

–RI of changerules(dot)net

• By Jordan, July 14, 2011 @ 2:39 am

No big deal? He broke the speed limit, everyone has went fast on a rural road before. I dont even like Kyle Busch, and i think there is an overreaction.

• By Catherine, March 11, 2013 @ 8:06 pm

It is way past time to shut down NASCAR racing.I am 66 years old and I watched it long before the constrictor plate was set in stone.I have not watched since 2000.Its boring,and has been for many years.It would save the Chevy and Ford company’s more money and consumers too !

Other Links to this Post